Warrior On the edge of time

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Wed Jan 23 07:48:34 EST 2002

> > it is a waste,if not a crime,to not read a book or listen to a cd...
> > music and literature was made to enjoy,collecting for collecting's sake
> > is but a sterile exercise.

Before I hit puberty I was to realise that life would consist of a
nagging "To Read" pile and the constant worry that I'd die with it taller
than I was. Approaching middle age, I now realise that the days of my
youth were indeed carefree and that the complexities of adult life were
to bring with them the twin horrors of the "To View" and the "To Listen
To" piles. The economics of the situation sadly mean that I will be
able to add to these piles at a far greater rate than I'll be able to
reduce them. On the optimistic side, I won't be short of entertainment
in retirement.

FoFP