AW: Hawkwind query

Jobson, Eddie EJobson at THRUPOINT.NET
Wed Jan 23 09:08:24 EST 2002

I think that the newspaper cutting from that story appeared in the Do Not
Panic book? I live about 5 miles from Harlow but moved in about 18 years too
late!

Does anyone know anything about the Hype book on sale on Ebay at the moment.
Did it come with some of the LP's?

Eddie.

-----Original Message-----
From: M Holmes
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU
Sent: 23/01/02 08:57
Subject: Re: AW: Hawkwind query

Pospiech, Bernhard writes:

> Hi
>
> > I have a cdr here which came along as an extra with my woteot - I
haven't
> > listened to it yet but I was wondering if anyone knows anything
about it

> > It says its from Windsor 1973??  Obviously its a live recording.
Anything
> > else to add maybe?
>
> >Ah well, that's one of the hoary old debates in Hawkwind kollecting
> >isn't it: Is it Windsor 1973 or Harlow 1974. At this point I'd like
> >bring in my colleague Bernhard for comment....
>
> The neverending story
>
> Here are the facts:
> Two dates exist for this recording:
> - Harlow, 10. August 1974
> - Windsor, 25. August 1973
>
> - Mike Moorcock was on stage
>
> I have discussed with countless fans about this recording.
>
> The track listing could be from 1973 and from 1974.
> It was a very special gig with some very special tracks.
>
> Rainer Wangler and me think that this recording is indeed from Windsor
1973
> But we are not 100% sure :-(

Ah well. I thought we'd tracked down someone who'd been at Harlow 1974
who said there'd been a power cut. Since that's not on the tape, the
conclusion was that it was 1973.

There was also something about Nik falling off the stage dressed in a
frog costume but I don't remember how that affects the debate.

Never a dull moment...

FoFP
Note:  The information contained in this message may be privileged and
confidential and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for
please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from
your computer. Thank you.  ThruPoint, Inc.