OFF: Re: Warrior On the edge of time

Arin Komins akomins at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Wed Jan 23 17:45:57 EST 2002

On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, M Holmes wrote:

:Subject: Re: Warrior On the edge of time
:
:> > it is a waste,if not a crime,to not read a book or listen to a cd...
:> > music and literature was made to enjoy,collecting for collecting's sake
:> > is but a sterile exercise.
:
:Before I hit puberty I was to realise that life would consist of a
:nagging "To Read" pile and the constant worry that I'd die with it taller
:than I was. Approaching middle age, I now realise that the days of my
:youth were indeed carefree and that the complexities of adult life were
:to bring with them the twin horrors of the "To View" and the "To Listen
:To" piles. The economics of the situation sadly mean that I will be
:able to add to these piles at a far greater rate than I'll be able to
:reduce them. On the optimistic side, I won't be short of entertainment
:in retirement.

My To Read pile isn't increasing anywhere as near as quickly as it should
be anymore.

What with the death rates of my favorite authors and my not finding as
many new authors to pick up, I'm definitely slowing down :-(

Arin
(who finds a To Read pile comforting.)
Arin Komins                                   akomins at uchicago.edu
Manager of Web Systems Architecture
University of Chicago/NSIT                      tel: (773)834-4087
1155 E. 60th St. #302B Chicago, IL 60637        fax: (773)702-0559