HW: Hawkwind Tour supporters bus?

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Wed Jan 23 21:13:44 EST 2002

Arin...

I think Kris (aka XXX) are on the HW: filter, so you must be certain to put
that in the subject line for them to see it.

I'm doing this seemingly-private message publicly for that very
reason....not a mistake.  Sorry for the duplication to you other folx.

Grakkl (FAA)

First, Mike's original statement, then Arin's response...

:OK, new topic for the party animals out there...
:
:Back during the last tour I was chatting to Arin and idly speculating
:about a better system for following a tour than booking hotel rooms and
:trains planes and automobiles. Not only is it expensive, but it takes up
:more time to travel, find a hotel, find the gig and the bar and so on
:than it does to spend time enjoying the tour.
:
:Bands and roadies get around this by hiring a tour bus and driver. So we
:thought, what would the economics be of hiring another tour bus
:(presumably there are idle tour buses to match idle bands at any given
:time?) to accomodate fans travelling around parts of the tour. Clearly
:there's a certain cost per day of hire of the vehicle, running costs,
:and to pay a driver. However, a number of people would fit in. It'd be
:less comfortable than most hotel rooms. On the other hand, it'd be a
:case of sleeping through the travel to the next gig and saving on those
:travel costs. The community spirit (or beer) would make up somewhat for
:the discomfort. It'd essentially be a rolling party.
:
:So the questions are really of interest and economics. Would enough
:people book enough bunks on enough nights to make the costs (including
:some empty bunks on some night) work out.

Cue Arin: