HW: Flicknife Elric and other scarce Hawkdiscs stolen!

Amphetamine Embalmer superskrull666 at YAHOO.CO.UK
Thu Jan 24 00:04:42 EST 2002

Heee-ya, I'm back!
Christian in Norway here, returning to the BOC-L list
after a few months absence... I just had to post this
personal Hawkwind related tragedy and following
request: I had a bag full of CD's stolen in Paris over
the holidays on my way to the States, making me a very
miserable person indeed. Aside from a bunch of rare
punk, psych and metal stuff, the bag contained my four
fave Hawkwind CD's of all time, namely:

*The Flicknife "Chronicle Of The Black Sword" CD
(which I'd had since 1988, being my first Hawkwind CD
purchased at the tender age of 16 and cherished ever
since... you don't know how fucking bitter I am,
people!),

*The "Friday Rock Show Sessions: Reading '86" CD on
Raw Fruit,

*The recent double "Choose Your Masques Collector's
Edition: Live '82" on Voiceprint,

*and the passport holders' mail order only "Live 1997"
disc.

Sucks, huh? I had about 25 other of my fave CD's in
there too, not to mention some private photos. Stuff
like the first Suicide (remastered edition), the
latest TSOL, the Pink Fairies "Live And Unreleased", a
couple of Voivod discs ("War And Pain" and "Voiod
Lives") and some Black Sabbath remasters, the first
Mooseheart Faith CD reissue on Stellar, the Ice Ritual
CD and Alan Davey's "Chaos Delight", the rare Sun Dial
"Overspill" EP on UFO, which I'd had since it came out
in 1991, the rather brilliant Chameleons "Tripping
Dogs" disc on Glass Pyramid, Fu Manchu's "Eatin'
Dust", a Motörhead compilation and Tiamat's "Astral
Sleep", some Chrome and Helios Creed discs, and the
Turbonegro "Alpha Motherfuckers" tribute (double CD
edition, even!), to name a few. The tragedy happened
while I was passed out sleeping at the terminal floor
in the morning after my flight, having drunk three
quarts of a bottle of Jaegermeister and some beers
waiting for the next connecting flight to NY. I don't
know what the French think they can get away with...
Pissed me off!

So: can anyone on this list give me a clue as to where
I may find the Flicknife "Chronicle" CD? I'm willing
to fork up some bucks, people. As for the other CD's,
they weren't on Ebay the last time I looked, and I
would prefer to deal with someone on this list if
anyone is willing to work out some kind of deal or
trade with me acquiring them as I no longer have a
credit card. Reply to me at superskrull666 at yahoo.co.uk
- and thanks a bunch...

Chr.

PS: The "Hawkwind Electric Library" is temporarily
down and will be resurrected elsewhere in the near
future. I will post the new URL here for those of you
who have links on their Hawkwind websites to mine.

ObCD: Entombed - Morning Star
(Sweden's very own high priests of true Satanic
thrashmetal and garage doom, this CD comes highly
recommended to all fans of quality metal. This disc
was the only one of my CD's which survived my holiday
trip, as it was in my other bag with my discman...)

---
"A 'Bowie-Shag' is when you miss your vein."
- Dr. Crabstix"

You can take the Beatle out of Uncle Charlie, but you
can't take Uncle
Charlie out of The Beatles."
- Bastard Ceremonial Proverb Of The Undead Blasphemers
Of Sodom

"There remains nothing but juggernauting the
Apocalypse Übersoul
through the dying bodies."
- Tubrok The Alterer

"Mister motherfucker, we know you poke your daughter
in the ass..."
- if only I could remember your name, right?