HW: Baker appearances

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Sat Jan 26 09:26:12 EST 2002

K Henderson writes:

> Hi Folks...
>
> I've been asked what live tracks Ginger Baker appears on in the Hawkwind
> catalog, and I guess I would include any of those that are on bootlegs (at
> least those that are more commonly seen).

>From my files, the only candidates from the official canon are:

Zones  (Flicknife 1983)
-----

TRACK                   DATE            TOWN, VENUE

The Island              18.12.80        London Lewisham Odeon
Motorway City           18.12.80        London Lewisham Odeon

Stonehenge (This Is Hawkwind/Do Not Panic) (Flicknife 1984 LP & EP)
----------

TRACK                   DATE            TOWN, VENUE

Psy Power               18.12.80        London Lewisham Odeon
Levitation              18.12.80        London Lewisham Odeon
Circles                 18.12.80        London Lewisham Odeon
Space Chase             18.12.80        London Lewisham Odeon
Death Trap              18.12.80        London Lewisham Odeon
Angels Of Death         18.12.80        London Lewisham Odeon
Shot Down In The Night  18.12.80        London Lewisham Odeon

> I'm not sure how to look up this sort of information...Andrew Dawson's nice
> discography doesn't include this type info, and neither does the Codex.
> Unless I'm not looking in the right spot.

No. I have a separate file which lists known or suspected dates for
live Hawkwind tracks from albums and official/bootleg vinyl.

> Is there a text database with this sort of info included online anywhere?

Bernhard has a list of the lineups at known gigs which can be used to
establish on which gigs Baker played.That in alliance with my file got
me the above info. Bernhard will also be able to tell you which live
tapes are available of Baker concerts, and their quality.

Cheers

FoFP