Hawkwind's Lemmy, Nik and...

Zlak Sak motoringmojo at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jan 28 02:03:58 EST 2002

Hello,

   This is my virgin post at the BOC-L Archives.

   I have a couple questions regarding Lemmy.  Does anyone know the status
of his legal entanglement with the United States over his bogus drug bust
nearly THREE decades ago?  Exactly, what drug was he arrested for, because
it seems to be it was a sleeping aid or something benign.  Does Lemmy even
care anymore that he can't have a Green Card?  It, seems to be that if
Lemmy does care, that with the wonders of the internet, it shouldn't be too
hard for a bunch of us to send some emails and write the appropriate
government offices, once supplied with the legal specifics of this case.
With the current President and the former both being one time fans of
cocaine, it makes Lemmy's case seem more absurd by the day.

   It has always seemed to me that Hawkwind, started its slow crash and
burn, when Lemmy was forced out.  Does anyone, know how this played out?
Was it a unanimous vote, or the power play of just a few loud individuals?
For decades now this has bothered me, for it seems to be completely at
odds, with what Hawkwind once represented.

   Nik seems like a charming fellow, and willing to work with just about
any musician, and has been making new pacts in recent years with Hawkwind
alumni.  The burning question I have, is why doesn't Nik and company join
forces with Lemmy and record some new material, on the side; an album
between Motorhead albums/tours.  Definitely not as Hawkwind, for that is
Brock's mutated child now.  It seems that often when Lemmy speaks of
Hawkwind there is a note of sadness, but respect for those days.  So,
unless Lemmy, Nik, and friends, are completely out of synch with each
other, what is holding them up from getting together for a couple weeks and
letting the magic fly high again, with whoever wants to be involved.  Just,
drop all the power struggles of Hawkwind command, and let old friends, who
just happen to be musicians make music.  Brock, need not apply if he
doesn't get it anymore.  You know the days, when the music was a journey of
brotherhood and transcendence, and concerts for free weren't marketed, as a
new Hawkwind album.

    Thanks one and all -

    Zlak