HW: Hawkwind's Lemmy, Nik and...

Zlak Sak motoringmojo at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jan 28 05:19:02 EST 2002

Lemmy wrote in length, around the earlier nineties, in some American
magazine, about the specifics of his drug arrest.  Amphetamines...that
might make sense, accept, it doesn't gel with what my mind vaguely
remembers.  Whatever he was arrested for (and long hairs must be druggies
after all), was more in line, that he had a medication/sleeping aid/dietary
drug that had elements in it that weren't legal in the United States, but
where elsewhere.  More bad luck, then anything, but perhaps, he was using
the drug or whatever it was as a "Drug Story Cowboy."   I don't really
know.

Nik and Lemmy have played, or attempted to play at each others shows, so
whatever hard feelings, might or might not exist between them from the past
seem forgiven.  Unless, Lemmy or Nik, claims that Nik was largely
responsible for Lemmy's ousting I wouldn't put too much weight in it,
although it is entirely possible.