HW:Glastonbury Festival Chat Message Board

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Mon Jan 28 10:17:01 EST 2002

Michael W Blackman writes:

> Theres no denying Lemmys talent etc - but personally I really love the stuff
> coming from the Hawks of recent times

The simple fact is that Lemmy hasn't been around in recent times and Ali
has. That means if we're going to see real live Hawkwind then it has to
be Ali. Lammy is an ex-hawk and it's great to see him guest
occasionally, but he's an ex-hawk.

> It was cool to see Lemmy at the Hawkestra - but personally - I was more
> impressed with Dave Brock - Huw Lloyd Langton - Harvey Bainbridge - Ron Tree
> - Jerry - Simon - Richard - Keith Kniveton -  the current line up etc ....
>
> and one more thing - Whatever Dave Brock is doing to keep Hawkship Hawkwind
> in such fine form - has my vote of approval 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!

Count me in on that. Hawkwind showed on the recent tour that they still
have what it takes and then some. Whatever is working to produce that
shouldn't easily be meddled with.

FoFP