HW: Hawkwind's Lemmy, Nik and...

fool "with a" heart deltawave at METRONET.COM
Mon Jan 28 13:39:20 EST 2002

can't help slide in:

 my brain always perceived that Lemmy's having been sacked from Hawkwind
was a
groundshaking trauma to him originally, as he loved Hawkwind and never
wanted to be ousted.....
comments later thanking Nik seem honest but developed over time in
consideration
of Motorhead success....

I think the "trauma" led to the plotting of "Bastard" (intended and
original MH
title) before the airplane ever touched down in England on the return
journey...

as the list "vets" and knowledgeables pointed out, cocaine was the reported
charge of his arrest, at first, and it apparently took some lag time for
the Canadian authorities to figure out and believe that he was indeed not
possesing coke, but speed, illegal in Canada, but not as severe

it is my understanding that Lemmy is a much better friend to Dave Brock
than Nik, and that Dave had apologized to Lemmy over what had happened
almost right away, and I believe they are friends to this day, despite
weather Lemmy cares for song "medley" techniques to the old songs or
not......

I can tell you that I know firsthand the comments from Lemmy to a friend
when asked about Nik.......they were  "Nik, I've had enough of him lately,
thank you", circa sometime 90's-ish when Nik had just done some rounds.....

when I asked Nik and Del about Lemmy -(Nik I hope you don't mind)- the
comments I got in 94 (prior to Nik asking Lemmy to be involved with the LA
show(s) was: "Toughish".....make of that what you will....I didn't take it
as good or bad....just observation....

and- whomever said "Lemme a fiver" (Stuart is this annoying?)-or is that
"Lemmy a fiver"...is correct.....just a nick at his apparent frequent
borrowing....

apparently "Motorhead" is an American term for speedfreak although I have
never been exposed to such and maybe it's regional and time-sensitive.....

makes sense tho' and calls the motorcycle engine to mind along with the
firing brain...

and I know how to spell Amp Yules...

what are ampules exactly anyway??  measurement??  I just like the sound of
it........

ps- Nik is a god, and is extremely anarchistic about himself, and doesn't
need any names or labels to be a super "bad-ass" (for lack of another term)
,,,,,BUT....Dave has managed to "be" the representative for Hawkwind "the
band" proper over these years and let's get it put to rest that Dave is the
"leader" when there is such a calling and the music ALL TOTAL is a magic
force and absolutely astoundingly the coolest, enjoy it as it is, leave the
techniques of it's creation to the conceivers....and if the infighting
bothers your ability to recreationally enjoy it, maybe do a 180 and head
for some Greatful Dead or something where love and peace figures more
prominantly...(and this is NOT a poke at anyone, rather I am just enjoying
mouthing off, take it lightly please!!!)

also...Dave B. and Kris Tate appear on this list to keep you informed (I
noticed THE GREAT REAPPEARANCE, DIDN'T YOU?), and if you want a shirt or a
postcard or a video, or just a friendly hello on paper, your most likely
source of such an occurence will be from Dave, and Kris....

they make the time

for you

doesn't seem like fans are taken for granted

I think most of us here know that things are falling into place and lets
let them......(hope you agree)

I expect Nik to fly some quality dragons at us with his own ingenious
brainchild, soon.(ish)......
mc foolish