HW:Glastonbury Festival Chat Message Board

Richard Lockwood rich at BEERPOWEREDNOISEFRENZY.CO.UK
Mon Jan 28 18:42:33 EST 2002

> The current line-up is possibly the strongest I've heard but for the
random
> punters a big name like Lemmy would help.

Oh, hell's teeth...

Do you want to see Hawkwind, or the Hawkestra.  Or, do you want to see Kiss
playing with Peter Criss and the Space Ace?  This is 2002.  Remember?  We
move on.  THIS IS NOT 1972 - DO NOT PANIC!

I know, they could be supported by Girlschool with Kelly still playing
maybe?  Maybe I'll reform Whorelix!

Booker T and The MG's could support!  Yeah - maybe they could dig up Booker
T!!!

How about a Led Zep reformation, with Jason Bonham on Drums?  The Beatles
with Dharni and Julian?

Or maybe you'd like to see Richie Blackmore come and f*** up another Deep
Purple reunion?

In case anyone hasn't got my drift yet, Hawkwind is Hawkwind NOW.  Not
Hawkwind twenty years ago.  If you're hankering back to your teenage years,
go home and listen to Sonic Attack.  (Fantastic Album, but it's not Hawkwind
NOW.)

Hawkwind have always done things differently from other bands.  I (for one)
want to see them carrying on doing things differently.  And new.

Who here almost castrated themselves whenthey heard "It Is The Business..."?
Hawkwind do (urgh) Techno?  No way.  It's hardly Hurry On Sundown, is it?

Grow up.

(I've got an Alien Planetscapes album from six years ago - that might make
your day.)

I don't mean to get at you in particular, but you get my point.  I agree
that Lemmy would sell a load more tickets - but see my DP point above.

Cheers,

Rich.

** Whoopee, we're all gonna die **