HW: The Links Factor

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Tue Jan 29 05:45:38 EST 2002

In message <000e01c1a893$7aab7380$6f23fea9 at oemcomputer>, mark
von bargen <mark.von-bargen at GENIE.CO.UK> writes

>Definite links exist to:
>
>Culture Club

Yes, Jon Moss drumming at Nik's recent shindig...

>Massive Attack

I may be in a minority, but I'm amazed to see this band lumped in with
the other chart fodder here. "Mezzanine" is a phenomenal album IMHO,
and their others have their moments too. You can't honestly tell me that a
band who write heavy-duty dub-stoner material like "Karmacoma" or
"Inertia Creeps" belong in this list. If there's a link with HW (something
to do with Clive Deamer?), that's cool in my book.  I always thought the
guitar crescendo on Mezzanine's title track sounds very HW-ish.

>Toyah Wilcox

Something to do with Fripp?

>Atomic Kitten

OK well here we move into the realms of the truly indefensible and I'm
not even going to begin to guess...

--
Nick Medford