Monster Magnet reviews in A-I

Tue Jan 29 12:25:13 EST 2002

On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 11:02:45AM -0600, Karen Kusic typed out:

> My vote is thumbs up for "Viva Las Vegas" too.
>
> from the review:
> "Dave gives a monologue about the
> CD being recorded in Las Vegas and that they have been playing the same
> numbers for the last 6 months and how would
> the audience like to hear some "Space Rock"! Now the CD really gets
> going... you can hear the Hawkwind era 1972
> space sounds in the background and the band blast into Dinosaur Vacuum."
>
> Highly recommended.

        I'd be more impressed with that if as far as I can tell he didn't
_always_ introduce `Dinosaur Vacume' like that. Though to be fair they
didn't play it for most of the Powertrip tour so it may have been fresh to
play it then. But he does do this, "you're a special audience, let's play
something special" thing every damn gig. Not that I'd know (or
complain) were it not for the Internet of course :-) Yours,
                                                            Jon

--
        Jonathan Jarrett                Birkbeck College, London
                 jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk