OFF: More on Amon Duul II, Scorps

STYX deltawave at METRONET.COM
Wed Jan 30 04:29:43 EST 2002

one of the tempel overseers:
>>>From 'We Lost our Sting,' or whatever that 1984 ballad-puking album was
>called, onwards, they became a parody of a parody of themselves, since they
>were a parody to begin with.

LOL LOL

>But anyway, as far as horrid power ballads go, they had to be inventive at
>least once, didn't they? :)
>
>Grakkl (FAA), who's got an extremely offensive Scorpions LP (cover) that
>would probably get me arrested if the police ever searched my home that
>thoroughly to come across it.  Which would get *them* arrested if you get my
>drift.
>
>P.S.  Is Taken by Force on CD yet?  I've *never* seen it!

hey Keith.....I dug out my copy of the virgin killer LP with glass
shattered over that little girl's "FX box" (about 3 weeks ago) (after a
happenchance discussion of that LP covers rarity came up in the record
store and I wanted to see if I still owned it) and I had fun recoloring in
the black parts where the creases lay and then showing it to my friends
that were probably there when I bought it ......and then I played
it...loudly to cover the still remaining stuck-on beer and scratches

it just wasn't the same

aging is aging

little singer man always annoyed me at the root

maybe unfairly as maybe it was just his littleness compared to the rest and
maybe it was the certain friz in the hair

and then came those tunes you mentioned......PUKE....radio overcram

Jabbs always bugged me...I think it was just the facial expression, but
then I never owned anything with him on....

remember Uli John's "beyond the astral skies"...and "firewind"...ahh the
voice....didn't quite work I don't think.....oh god I can still remember my
friends girlfriend going "got any Uli man?" to people who surely did
not...was cool that she was into it back then though (mid 80's)
mc poopie