HW: Simon King and Mike Moorcock

Steve Litchfield slitchfield at UKONLINE.CO.UK
Wed Jan 30 14:58:00 EST 2002

Just clearing up a few things from recent posts:

1) As far as I know Simon King wasn't at the Hawkestra at all, even as a
walk-on. There'a also some mystery as to where he is and why he's so
reticent to come forward - the guy I've been in contact with who *claims*
to be SK apparently is afraud, according to his ex-wife. But then when I
pressed her to get in touch with the real SK, she clammed up and hasn't
replied to emails since 8-((

So... will the real Simon King please stand up? If Kris or others have his
details, I'd really appreciate you clearing up some of the confusion -
after all, I'm *trying* to run his 'fan site' 8-))

2) Mike Moorcock plays guitar, as far as I know. Though probably bass as
well, to some degree. His playing is documented, albeit fictitiously, in
the Time of the Hawklords boog, which presumably bore *some* relation to
real life instrumental abilities. Then there's the Deep Fix album and
demos, etc. which are all available.

However, I don't believe he's *ever* played guitar or bass on stage with
HW - Bernhard? I was under the impression he was poetry only?