HW: Simon King and Mike Moorcock

Allan T. Grohe, Jr. grodog at PACBELL.NET
Wed Jan 30 21:45:17 EST 2002

Bernhard Pospiech wrote:

> Hi folks
>
> In 2000 had e-mail contact to SIMON KINGS girlfriend
> She managed to send me an autographed (by Simon) Lyricbook.
> It is now autographed by more than 10 members and ex-members of HAWKWIND
> And she told me that he does not want to play music in the public.
> Therefore he did not make it to the HAWKESTRA in 2000
>
> > 2) Mike Moorcock plays guitar, as far as I know. Though probably bass as
> > well, to some degree. His playing is documented, albeit fictitiously, in
> > the Time of the Hawklords book, which presumably bore *some* relation to
> > real life instrumental abilities. Then there's the Deep Fix album and
> > demos, etc. which are all available.
> >
> > However, I don't believe he's *ever* played guitar or bass on stage with
> > HW - Bernhard? I was under the impression he was poetry only?

I don't recall offhand if MM has ever played an instrument with HW at
a show, but certainly some members of HW must have performed with MM
during Deep Fix gigs (if any?).  I can't find my old copy of the
Codex, and it seems the the Sonique and OzHawks pages are offline...

> Same here. I never heard that MM stood on stage during a HAWKWIND gig
> and played an instrument

MM, can you elucidate us please?

Allan.

Allan T. Grohe Jr.               Visit the Dreaming City--
grodog at pacbell.net             http://www.rpg.net/ehp/imrryr

    I am gray.  I stand between the candle, and the star.
        We are gray.  We stand between the darkness, and the light.

              --- "And The Sky Full of Stars," _Babylon 5_