HW Glastonbury Fayre

Jill Strobridge jill at THETA-ORIONIS.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Tue Jul 2 17:46:07 EDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: Nick Lee <nick.lee2 at VIRGIN.NET>

> We didn't make it due to lack of organisation & it sold out.  Despite
all
> the hype, the fence didn't really look that much bigger this year.
Sounds
> like the security were actually doing something this year.
>
> Nick

The fence wasn't any taller but it was very efficiently bolted together
with reinforcing plates and poles as additional support and a flange at
the top to prevent ropes being thrown over.    It was, I confess,
distressingly obvious whenever you were up against it but it definitely
worked.    I could wander around and chat to someone at the same time
rather than feel I was struggling through some strange kind of endless
rugby scrimmage.   Eavis wants to raise ticket numbers by another 20,000
in the expectation that this would probably satisfy demand and remove
the need for ticket touts.   This might still be ok but without
expanding the site I don't think it could take more than that.

As a gesture to on-topicness there was a somewhat eclectic collection of
ex-and related Hawkwind band members drifting around appearing in odd
small Green Field venues.   I even came across the Pyramids of SNAFU
which I mention because it included Terry Ollis's son Sam Ollis who was
playing drums with a great deal of delicacy and style I thought.

jill