HW: Cover Versions

Stephan Forstner stemfors at PIPELINE.COM
Fri Jul 5 14:22:29 EDT 2002

> At the risk of being 'on-topic', I wondered if anyone out there
> had any idea for songs they would like to see covered by Hawkwind.

Whoops, hope its not too late to play!

Bob Calvert - On Line
Husker Du - Data Control
Judas Priest - Solar Angels
Lucifer's Friend - Ride The Sky
Deep Purple - Speed King (King of Speed) or
              Space Truckin (too obvious?)
Black Sabbath - Into the Void and Hole in the Sky already mentioned,
                so how about Supernaut and Symptom of the Universe
Marble Sheep - Like a Bird
Motorhead - Make Em Blind (done up Time We Left style)
Swans - New Mind (great riff but they'll have to lighten the lyrics)
        maybe Make Em Blind needs to lighten the lyrics too
Godflesh - Xnoybis / Empyreal
Can - Mother Sky (done up Loop style)
Faust - Krautrock
Hawkwind - Opa-Loka (not a cover I just want them to do it again!)
InterGalactic Touring Band - A Planet Called Monday

Stephan