BOC-L Digest - 9 Jul 2002 to 10 Jul 2002 (#2002-193)

t.byrne t.byrne at NTLWORLD.COM
Wed Jul 10 14:13:24 EDT 2002

Maybe it was their gene pool the USA were worried about, Steve.

Seriously though, I was very sorry to read that you couldn't come Alisa.
Maybe the War of the Worlds would be a good substitute to try - call their
bluff.

A Last Druid - aka Tom

> Have had that reaction in the USA (well, when I was young and single).
>
> Steve

> On Tue, 9 Jul 2002 14:01:10 +0400, Alisa <coral at APORT.RU> wrote:
>
> >Hello all,
> >
> >just got back from UK Embassy. Unfortunately it seems like I won't go to
> the
> >Festival because of decisions of Embassy.
> >All documents were made properly and I even had a personal invitation
from
> >Kris Tait to Hawkwind Festival. Well, they looked through them and didn't
> >found any mistake. The old woman looking like Margaret Tatcher, who was
> >interviewing me even didn't know what to ask. Maybe she just doesn't know
> >what is Hawkwind. She just didn't believe me. So they didn't refuse me in
> >getting visa, no. They just appointed the second interview to bring
> >additional info on... August 9th! Can you imagine it? She saw that
Festival