HW: Bronze records story sleeve notes

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Thu Jul 11 12:58:37 EDT 2002

Colm sends...

>if anyones interested, found this little snippet on a web site discussing
>bronze records:
>
>"We did quite well with Hawkwind, but they were a bit lazy," Bron
>maintains. "They constantly wanted to do live albums, so they wouldn't have
>to write songs. Ginger Baker joined them in 1980 for Levitation, but
>somebody else had played the drums and the album was just about ready to
>go. Ginger insisted on re-dubbing his own drum parts and I told him with
>the greatest respect that it was almost impossible, but he did them one
>after another and it took no time at all."

Does anybody know if Simon King's (I assume) drum tracks for Levitation
still exist?  If so, I for one would be interested to have this released as
another collector's series thang.  I can only imagine that it would sound
*completely* different than the one we have heard all these years.  Baker's
drumming was so entirely different than any other drummer HW has ever had!
I guess we know what Motorway City sounds like with King from the Live '79
album, but that version was different in other ways too.

Grakkl (FAA)