hawkwind:high rise

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Thu Jul 11 16:46:53 EDT 2002

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002 06:34:06 -0400, Stephe Lindas <lindas1 at ADELPHIA.NET>
wrote:
>HI, Are these books still in print? Cheers STEPHE

I honestly have no idea which ones are and which ones aren't, but I have
yet to read anything less-than-intriguing by the man.  Get yourself down to
the nearest well-stocked bookstore and buy some Ballard!  He's usually
filed under literature/general fiction rather than in the sci-fi ghetto,
since some of his better-known stuff ('Empire of the Sun' for instance,
which had a highly-acclaimed movie made of it) has no relation to sci-fi.
And as I said before, I think his writing has improved throughout his
career (I find his earliest works, such as 'The Wind From Nowhere' or 'The
Drowned World' to be less interesting than his later efforts), so his most
recent novels, at least, ought to be readily available (as well as 'Crash',
because of the film).

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com