OFF: British Embassy in Russia and Festival

Jill Strobridge jill at THETA-ORIONIS.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Thu Jul 11 17:19:53 EDT 2002

This is ridiculous!    I suppose it's no use saying you just want to
come and spend a holiday here - in Devon?    I guess you have to be part
of some group tour with a set itinerary.     You should definitely try
again in August - as Steve says, you might manage to get to the War of
the Worlds event (+ Hawkwind).

Can any of us help?    Do you need to have someone to stay with or
something of the sort?

jill

PS:  Actually there was a curious story on the radio this morning
concerning the British Open Golf Tournament.  Apparently overseas golf
players have to qualify in this country so when they apply they are
given a visa to come over and play on one of the qualifying courses.
There was an unexpectedly high number of Nigerian applicants this year
but only six players actually turned up to play a qualifying round.
Nobody seems to know where the other applicants have got to.
Jill Strobridge <jill at theta-orionis.freeserve.co.uk>