HW: matters

Steve Litchfield slitchfield at UKONLINE.CO.UK
Fri Jul 12 15:01:00 EDT 2002

My take on several topic sin the last digest!

1) I agree, Nik should rebrand his outfit as Brainstorm (or similar) - all
HW fans would recognise the connection and there would be no legal
difficulties with the official name.

2) Danny in for Richard on drums? Interesting. Danny's certainly gotten
better over the years, but not in the same league as Richard. Maybe
Richard's eager for a change though? The comparison with Simon King is
interesting, too - Richard includes a lot of rolls which are vaguely
King-ish, though at the end of the day Richard is (technically) the best
drummer HW have ever had. My attachment to Simon King's work is in his
organic 'feel' and almost perfect fit for the Hawkwind sound/concept.

3) Pre-Ginger Levitation tracks. Well, I set myself the task of rebuilding
Levitation without Ginger a while back, and suceeded. Kind of. The CD
includes live Levitation from 'Complete 79', studio Motorway City from the
extra track version floating around recently, live World of Tiers from a
1980 bootleg, studio Who's Gonna Win the War from the official '45 single,
Space Chase and Dust of Time also from the 1980 bootleg. Quality obviously
hugely variable, but I got there in the end. No Ginger 8-))