HW Fest: cool places to go

Arin Komins akomins at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Mon Jul 15 11:31:18 EDT 2002

On Sat, 13 Jul 2002, John Majka wrote:

:Subject: HW Fest:  cool places to go
:
:Well it's only a few more days until I leave for England... can anyone
:suggest cool record and book stores to go to in London?
:John Majka
:jmajka2 at comcast.net

If you like science fiction and fantasy, I cannot recommend Fantasy Centre
(http://www.fantasycentre.demon.co.uk/) highly enough. Via Tube, they are
just off the Picadilly Line....

New Worlds and Murder One aren't bad, either.  (location: charing cross
road just by the Leicester Square station.)

Forbidden Planet is ye olde standard.  The London one is decent.  Location
is on Oxford St? (get off at tottenham ct rd.....)

What I want to know is where have all the decent used and secondhand
bookshops gone?

Not, mind, that I should be shopping this trip, since that means I've got
to carry all my purchases, but still ;-)

Arin
Arin Komins                                   akomins at uchicago.edu
Manager of Web Systems Architecture
University of Chicago/NSIT                      tel: (773)834-4087
1155 E. 60th St. #302B Chicago, IL 60637        fax: (773)702-0559