HW Fest: cool places to go

Eric Siegerman erics at TELEPRES.COM
Mon Jul 15 15:40:39 EDT 2002

On Sat, Jul 13, 2002 at 11:17:40PM -0500, John Majka wrote:
> Well it's only a few more days until I leave for England... can anyone
> suggest cool record and book stores to go to in London?
> John Majka
> jmajka2 at comcast.net

The Music and Video Exchange:
        http://www.mveshops.co.uk/interestingstuff/recordshopping.htm#38NHG

                 /<- Pembridge
Portobello->\   /
             \ |
              -|
               |  **
----------------------------------
       Notting Hill Gate

Notting Hill Gate tube stop.

Upstairs is where they keep the good stuff (esp. vinyl); lots of
Krautrock etc.  And it's where I finally found a copy of New
Worlds Fair many years ago, after searching for just ages.

For HW fans, you can consider this place to be the souvenir shop
at the end of your pilgrimage to Portobello Road :-)

There are a zillion sister shops all called "The XYZ Exchange",
wrapping around the corner onto Pembridge.  From the web site,
I'm pretty sure it's the one at 38 NHG that I have in mind.

Have fun.

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics at telepres.com
|  |  /
Anyone who swims with the current will reach the big music steamship;
whoever swims against the current will perhaps reach the source.
        - Paul Schneider-Esleben