The Grumblemags.

Richard Lockwood rich at BEERPOWEREDNOISEFRENZY.CO.UK
Thu Jul 18 17:13:19 EDT 2002

Oh, alright - yes you're right with the Grumbleweeds reference, but "grumble
mag" is a (fairly obscure) reference to "gentlemens top shelf publications".
(See also - "Grumbleflick" - Gentleman's video)  Which brings me back to a
thread from a year or so ago - how many songs do we know about wanking?!

(And can someone point me towards the archive for this list, as I know I got
about twenty brilliant replies last time I posted this!)

We're working on a set list that consists of...

Turning Japanese (The Vapors)
I Touch Myself (The Divinyls)
Teenage Kicks (The Undertones)
Orgasm Addict (Buzzcocks)
Pictures Of Lily (The Who)
Dancing With Myself (Billy Idol - was this a cover?)
Masturbike (Bad News)

And anything by Kevin Bloody Wilson or Ivor Biggun.

Then we intend to finish with a cover of "Somebody's gonna get their head
kicked in tonight" - originally Fleetwood Mac, but covered by the Rezillos
and every Oi! band worth their salt.

Again, wanking song references most welcome.  :-)

Remember - "We - ee - ee - are the Grumblemags!"

Cheers,

Rich.

> > ps.  Oh, and while I'm here, there's a chance that BEER POWERED NOISE
FRENZY