The Grumblemags.

Ductor, Dan [NEUUS] DDUCTOR at NEUUS.JNJ.COM
Thu Jul 18 18:43:05 EDT 2002

Penetration in the Centerfold......a
forgotten DEVO gem. Always loved that song.

This is off topic, but..

I ran into Mark Mothersbaugh at Club Spaceland.  Cluster was playing and,
before the show, I had a nice talk with Mark.  He told me that, during
DEVO's
first UK tour, he went to see Motorhead and was totally blown away.  Who
would've
thought??

Duty now for the future-
Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Pearson [mailto:jasret at MINDSPRING.COM]
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2002 3:16 PM
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU
Subject: Re: The Grumblemags.

On Thu, 18 Jul 2002 14:20:55 -0700, John H. McCartney <scorch at TE-CATS.COM>
wrote:
>>Again, wanking song references most welcome.  :-)
>
>Devo - Jerkin' Back and Forth

Also by Devo:
"Praying Hands"
"Penetration in the Centerfold"
maybe even "Be Stiff"

(and don't forget that some of those songs were produced by the same guy
who produced 'Lucky Leif')

(And I saw the Rezillos do a reunion gig in SF a few weeks ago ... they did
NOT play "Someone's gonna get their head kicked in tonight", but one of the
skinheads in the audience did anyway - got his head kicked in, that is.)

    -Doug (former Devo tribute band member)
     jasret at mindspring.com