HW: Fw: [neo-quark] Wow: Hastings

Alisa coral at APORT.RU
Fri Jul 19 16:50:34 EDT 2002

Forwarding another opinion.

----- Original Message -----
From: "DreamWorker" <dreamworker at dreamworker.co.uk>
To: <neo-quark at yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2002 5:42 AM
Subject: [neo-quark] Wow: Hastings

> That was a cracking gig.  Excellent start, lost the impetus somewhat when
Huw first joined the stage, then picked up with a vengeance.  Some problems
with us hearing Simon House's violin at the beginning, then he was way too
loud, but they got the mix right by 1/3 way into the set.

> Danny Thompson and Richard Chadwick both on drums, the latter also doing
some stuff with sequencers apparently.  Polarising solo version of Sprit of
the Age by Tim Blake (some loved it, others didn't) .  Best versions ever of
Spiral Galaxy and Brainbox Pollution, punishing version of Shouldn't Do
That.  Dave Brock's guitar was dominant which was good to hear, but Huw
played superbly.  Alan Davey seems to have taken up the lead role and is
doing an excellent job.  The band were tight but relaxed if that makes
sense - they really worked well together tonight.  The whole feel of the gig
very different to the shows last year.  I hope somebody taped this so that
you can find out what I mean.