HW: Hastings - brief response

The Rocker stuart.hamilton at SCOTTISH.PARLIAMENT.UK
Sat Jul 20 12:12:59 EDT 2002

>>*arghl* That sounds bad.
Just out of curiosity: what did Tim do to SotA? (and to not upset The Rocker
you can of course answer via PM *g*)

Well if a tinny voice box effect made to sound like a 3 year old child, reciting the lyrics to a Stylophone beat is your cup of tea.  Me, I was looking for someone to hit:-)

>>>BTW, what was the line-up (was Richard there or was Danny the drummer
in charge) and set-list (something new, surprising) of this gig?

Nothing new or surprising.  Things got marginally better towards the end.  Dave B didn't seem to do much (apart from sunbathe in the afternoon, sticking to his keyboards, Ali doing much of the singing.

>>Personal opinions of people who just don't like Huw or Tim Blake are not
acceptable.

I own solo work by both, and welcomed them back, but Mr Blake was, I am afraid, inconsequential and irritating.  Although at least he was audible, unlike Mr House (soundcheck quote - "What do you mean, one monitor!"

Re the neo quark review.

Well I've only been to 75-80 shows, so maybe my opinion is inconsequential, but from "Night Of The Hawks" through to "Damnation Alley", the sound, as I said was appalling.  Things did improve from "The Watcher" on, but I stand by the original tenor.  A major disappointment.