Hawkwind Festival

Tom Byrne t.byrne at NTLWORLD.COM
Tue Jul 23 18:39:02 EDT 2002

A very big thanks to Kris for splendid and dedicated organisation.

We travelled 5 hours down to Devon (me, wife +2 kids) and it was well worth it.

Imagine when you were 13 or 14 - would any music show your parents took you to be remotely cool?

Well this one was. The kids were  most impressed, as was the wife (Bernadette).

A delightfully laid back atmosphere, pleasant people, great to meet friends from the internet.

Storming performances from Litmus, Mr Quimby's Beard, Bedouin and of course Hawkwind (Brainbox Pollution - terrific).

My elder youngster enjoyed his 10 minutes on the drums with Richard. Thanks to Steve Youles for running off to find the wife to come and watch him.

Great location - we got to see Sidmouth, Seaton, Beer and went as far as Tintagel on Sunday morning.

I think the old epithet "people's band" is richly deserved by Hawkwind for the care and patience they put into this event.

Well done

Tom