Off: Absinthe

Richard Lockwood rich at BEERPOWEREDNOISEFRENZY.CO.UK
Wed Jul 24 03:15:43 EDT 2002

> >HAHAHAHAAAAAARRRRGGGHH!!!!!!!!
> >
> >Sorry.
> >
> >The best beers in England (and indeed the world) are to be found at
> >http://www.timothy-taylor.co.uk
>
> You're right about the "HAHAHAHAAAAARGRRGRGHHH" part, since only one of
> their varieties is available in bottles, so those of us in the rest of the
> world are screwed.  How does it compare with Samuel Smith's (my personal
> faves from the Brit isles, esp. their Oatmeal Stout [and the best Oatmeal
> Stout from the states in Anderson Valley, bar none!])?

Draught Landlord is an extremely hoppy pale ale (bottled a little less so) -
the nearest US beer I can compare it to is the Pale Ale they brew at the
Monte Carlo  Hotel, Las Vegas, in their brewpub.  (Where I could have stayed
all day!)  :-)

Cheers,

Rich.