HW: Free Festivals

Alastair Sumner alastair_sumner at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Jul 25 08:46:50 EDT 2002

Last weekend's festival has got me looking around on the web for Stonehenge
and Free Festival stuff. Check this site out http://tash.gn.apc.org/ It
documents the lives of those involved in the travelling, free festival,
free rave and protest cultures. There are alot of photos from the 80s and
early 90s and it is interesting to look back on it all these years later.
There are 1 or 2 of photos of Hawkwind in the 'live music' photography
gallery. Does anyone know what year Hawkwind played at a big site where
everyone gathered to walk to the stones on the Solstice? I think maybe it
was Cholderton Woods. I'm sure it was either 87, 88 or 89. Anyone know for
definite?

Alastair.