HW: Sex Pistols

gingoblin at EASYNET.CO.UK gingoblin at EASYNET.CO.UK
Mon Jul 29 16:03:44 EDT 2002

At 20:08 28/07/02 -0400, you wrote:
>At 10:59 PM 7/28/02 +0100, you wrote:
> >Don't think anyone's posted on this yet.
> >Just got back from seeing the Sex Pistols in London. They opened the gig
> >with Silver Machine!  To say I was surprised is a *slight*
> >understatement  :)
>
>Wow. that is hep. would you mind posting a fuller review of the pistols
>show?  I rmember reading about this show supposedly its supposed to
>"really" be the last one.

Aye, REALLY the last one... well until Sept 14th in California, with a far
better bill (inc. the Damned... first gig together in a looong time!!!).
The full setlist for the Pistols was:

Silver Machine
Holidays In The Sun
I wanna be me
No Feelings
Substitute
17
Pretty Vacant
No Lip
Did You No Wrong
New York
Submission
No Fun
Satellite
Stepping Stone
Bodies
Belsen Was A Gas
Thru My Eyes
Liar
Problems
EMI

first encore
My Way
Anarchy

2d encore
GSTQ

The jury is still out on how good the gig was. I need to let it sink in a
bit. They were a bit untogether at times, with Lydon forgetting words...
but then again, they're not meant to be perfect. My main problem was just
the size of the place... I'm used to gigs with 20 people, not
20,000!  Makes you feel a bit detached from it all, and the sound was a bit
ropey.   It had to be done though... first band I ever got into etc
etc       All in all, they were worth seeing... just forget about the
extortionate ticket price!
July has been an amazing month for gigs... so many of my faves...
Turbonegro in Norway, Dickies in London, Hawkwind in Devon, and the Pistols
doing Silver Machine while Concorde passed overhead rounded it off in a
very surreal kinda way!!    But I descend into havering...   All in all,
Pistols were good... but "last" show? I don't think so!!

Dave