HW: Sex Pistols

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Mon Jul 29 21:02:42 EDT 2002

On Sun, 28 Jul 2002 22:59:00 +0100, gingoblin at EASYNET.CO.UK wrote:
>Don't think anyone's posted on this yet.
>Just got back from seeing the Sex Pistols in London. They opened the gig
>with Silver Machine!  To say I was surprised is a *slight*
>understatement  :)

WOW!  Too eff-in' cool!

>     A question mark appeared above everyones heads as
>they thought en-masse, "Am I really hearing that????!".   Classic.
>Still, Lydon has expressed his like of HW in the past, so maybe Jonesy and
>the rest of the boys are fans too :)

I always thought that Lydon was the only one with good taste in music (Can,
Modern Lovers, etc.), while Cook & Jones were into more mainstream rock
(Free, Faces, etc.) and Glen Matlock liked the Beatles (which is probably
why he was able to write all those catchy tunes).

Now, especially since we just had that "fantasy-covers" thread, how could
Hawkwind best return the favor?  My vote is for "Submission", done in the
style of "Time We Left".

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com

P.S. Thanks for the MP3, although I'm not sure I've *ever* seen such a
badly-clipping digital recording.