HW: Great Expectations

Uncle Sam samsheppard at CLARA.CO.UK
Wed Jul 31 07:26:16 EDT 2002

Well, there wasnt that many people there but I tell you something I had a
great relaxing enjoyable weekend as did my brother and most of the people I
got talking too! The main thing is that the weather was hot although cold
at night, but mainly the DECENT crowd. Ive been to a few festis this year
Glasto etc.. and theres too many muppets out to rip you off and alot of em
dont go to the festivals for the music, and they just end up annoying other
genuine music fans. I felt safe in leaving my tent open etc.. knowing it
wasnt going to be rumbled! I went Hastings as well and met Dr Brock for the
first time on the pier (Very laid back) just like me! also met Huw. another
thing i liked about the festi is the fact there wasnt No Entry signs
everywhere and you could walk about where you liked with out being hastled.
The music well.. I cant rememeber much I over endulged both nights and for
Bedouin, Hastings sound was a bit ropey but I still enjoyed it and met some
nice birds, the festi was a lot better Brainbox,Damnation, NightotH stick
in my fragile mind. Strange Flower I think was Huws one and I thought it
was good I am a big HUW fan so im glad to see him stumbling about on stage!
Bedouin were alot better best Ive seen them. Huws Broken bits band was very
good as I didnt know that he was playing with MGriffin and Dibs and I was
pretty sober so I can remember the whole set! some great jamming. I took
some group photos at the end of the set.

Please do it again next year but keep it the same!

Also if you are connected to the band and you are organising the next tour.

PLEASE PLAY IN AMSTERDAM AT THE PARADISO OR AT WORST THE MELKWEG AS I WOULD
LIKE TO SEE HW AT MY FAVOURITE VENUE, I NEED TO GET AWAY FROM ROMFORD FOR A
FEW DAYS!!

Respekt and bring Acid Daze Finsbury Park out on CD