HW: hastings to fest

Jill Strobridge jill at THETA-ORIONIS.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Tue Jun 4 19:03:07 EDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: Arin Komins <akomins at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU>

> How are people getting from Hastings to the fest site?
> I can almost certainly go heathrow -> london -> hastings via trains,
but
> how are folks doing hastings -> Fest site?
> (and then Fest site back to london?)
> Arin

Will you not be walking on air  8-))

But on a more down to earth note I would strongly recommend going via
London.    Take the direct train from Hastings to London Victoria and
then change stations (ummm - Paddington I think) to get to Devon.

But you will need to be aware of the distances involved here!   Hastings
is well SE of London on what I call the trundle train system so it's a
two hour train journey get to there (via Eastbourne! for heavens sake -
one thing about touring with Hawkwind is you do get to see an odd
assortment of English towns) and it's a three and a half hour train
journey from London to get to Devon.    Just to give you an idea of
distances - it takes as long to get from London to Plymouth (West Devon)
as it does from London to Newcastle (and Newcastle is less than an hour
away from the Scottish border!) so you will spend most of the day
travelling.

There's no way I can do Hastings as well and I'm also kinda hoping the
Devon Fest site isn't too far distant from a train station (or at least
a bus route!)  8-))

cheers
jill