ODE TO THE THUNDER RIDER COMPETITION RESULTS

Judge Trev judge48 at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Jun 4 19:30:49 EDT 2002

OK

All 5 entrants will recieve badges 'cos theyre all good.  However 2 stand out, and they are joint winners (hur hur). Both these magnificent individuals have shown outstanding talent in their different ways.

Mike c demonstrates his deep knowledge of the "Riders" life and coupled with his huge esoteric lyrical talents has produced a tome  which will both educate and inspire the Blessed Ones for decades to come.

So too, Wishy Waeshy has produced a very true account of the "Riders" nature ( he is actually a total bastard at times) oops, but she has entertained us all by her light hearted comic approach. (I always liked the beverly hb's). These two magnificent human beings may now choose any RFM release (ones bearing the RFM label). The others will all recieve acoupla badges for their stalwart efforts.

Just mail me your choice (see the RFM website for the cds - WWW.REALFESTIVALMUSIC.CO.UK - "THE CD'S" PAGE) and tell me where to send the stuff.

Here are the winning ode's:

Ode to the Thunder Rider by Wishy Waeshy

(to the tune of the beverly hillbilly's)

Now, listen let me tell you 'bout a man named Nik.
Whose presence in Hawkwind nearly made the others sick.
And then one day he was looking for some fun,
Came up with the name, the Mighty Thun...
Thunder Rider, that is.

Well, first thing you know old Nik's a looking good
Got some first class acts and playing like he should.
Besides Sphynx, Anubian Lights and ICU
He's pissing Dave Brock off and starting up a feud
Thunder Rider
With Hawkwind -X
Getting satisfied

So here we are now in 2002
The Mighty Thunder Rider? He's lookin' pretty cool.
So off we'll go into the setting sun
Right behind the man who's the Mighty Thun...
Thunder Rider
We're following him
We won't come back now, hear?

...and here's Mike c's one

Ode to the Thunder Rider

he went to the beach and set up a tent
> he took an old sax which he had to rent
> he carried an axe and lugged a drum riser
> then was given the gig as a roadie van driver
>
> one bright day he started to play
> and David perked up and thought of the pay
> into the mix old blondie was thrown
> that old sax really got blown
>
> the cool hippie man who used to be Nick
> was given a title so cool it's just sick
>
> come from the land where blue stones were cut
> soon the man had all of the bands sluts
>
> so upon the hill when the wind was silent
> they whispered a name that was rocking and violent
>
> that freaky saxman who was their van driver
> all in an instant was called THUNDER RIDER

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

jt

(hey dont forget to come and see THE INNER CITY HAWKS first gig at the Royal Standard, Walthamstow , London, on thu 13 june - if you can)

RFM  Real Festival Music  www.realfestivalmusic.co.uk
The latest festy CD's  News  Forum  Healers  Downloads