Off: Tull!!!

John H. McCartney scorch at TE-CATS.COM
Mon Jun 10 18:35:31 EDT 2002

> Just got back from seeing Jethro Tull ,opened by the Young Dubliners.
> What a great show! Cliff gave me the ticket as an Anniversary gift, and
> what a good one!

We went Thursday night, for my birthday.

> Ian is sure looking great, and he obviously had a great time on stage!
> After the "Thick as a Brick" excerpt, someone in the audience asked
> "Where the hell was "Biggles when ya needed him last Saturday! We lost
> it, the band lost it!! What a great nite! Part of what made this so nice
> was that the show was in out local opera house! What a great place for a
> show!

This tour seems to all be in this type of venue - we saw them at the
Davies Symphony Hall in San Francisco, the night before in San Jose they
were at the Center for Performing Arts. Certainly a great setting for a
band like Tull!

> Dunno if anyone's familiar with the Young Dubliners. I don't know alot
> about them, just that they're here alot. They reminded me a bit of
> Wolfstone without the pipes. Not too bad, and very enthusiastic about
> it. I think I'd like to check out some of their studio stuff. Live stuff
> tends to drown out the subtitles in the tunes:(

They were entertaining, looked like a typical pub band. We were amused to
realize that we knew the closing tune, a local band we know plays it, though
a rather different take on it.