HW: actually, really RE: Off: Tull!!! but explicit HW at the end

Stephan Forstner stemfors at PIPELINE.COM
Tue Jun 11 18:23:57 EDT 2002

>Just got back from seeing Jethro Tull

Just got their latest release, 'Living With the Past'. Like 'Yule Ritual',
this one is live versions of mostly old songs, but like 'Yule Ritual' they
sound a bit different than they used to, and like HW, JT has such an
excellent and deep back catalog that I don't mind them mining it. The real
reason I mention this is something Ian writes in the liner notes - there are
apparently some plans for Tull to release old soundboard recordings on CD
through their official website - stuff that they consider to be not
realistically releaseable in todays musical climate but that would be better
quality than the bootlegs and that would make fans happy, even if it would
not make economic sense to do an actual official release. Hawkwind should
seriously consider something similar. And related to that, and the real
point of this post, I think the official Hawkwind site should be looking
into setting up some type of e-commerce deal - just a PayPal account would
be a big improvement - so that we could get the 1997 disc, and the
Canterbury show when it comes out, and even our Hawkwind passports, without
having to screw around with international money orders and exchange rates.
How about it, Dave and Rik?

Stephan