HW: Cover Versions

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Thu Jun 13 15:54:48 EDT 2002

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002 19:02:20 +0100, Captain Bl at ck <starfield at SUPANET.COM>
wrote:
>At the risk of being 'on-topic', I wondered if anyone out there had any
>idea for songs they would like to see covered by Hawkwind...

I'd love to hear them revive "Waiting For The Man" (although that one
would've been best sung by Ron IMO).  Or perform the two Pink Floyd covers
that they've already recorded (25 years apart!).  Or maybe a Pink Floyd
song and a Pink Fairies song ("Uncle Harry's Last Freakout"?  "Do
It"?  "When's The Fun Begin"?).

Or a medley of "Psychotic Reaction" (by the Count V) and "Brainbox
Pollution" (because of the weird similarities between the verses of the two
songs).  (That would go pretty well with the suggestions for "I Had Too
Much To Dream Last Night" and "Journey to the Center of the Mind".)

heh ... fun game ... (I really liked the Arzachel suggestion, too!)

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com