OFF: Deep Purple in concert

Nick English nick at THECOMPLETESHEET.COM
Tue Jun 18 16:15:52 EDT 2002

>Um, I think you mean Don Airey.  Jon "the
>Refrigerator" Lord retired this
>year.  And you didn't point out the bit of Gary
>Glitter they covered...."Hey!"

I wasn't sitting close enough to be able to tell that wasn't Jon Lord. . . I was near the back of the "covered" seats, so I got pretty wet when the rain blew in during Scorpions.  Yet another reason to hate their set.  And I hadn't heard anything about Lord retiring, either.  That's too bad.

Yeah, I forgot to mention the Gary Glitter thing.  That kind of put me off, actually, since Gary Glitter is a kiddie porn fanatic who now splits his time between various Asian countries where child porn is more accessible.  I've always felt that sports stadiums should drop that song now, too.

--Nick