Star One - Space Metal - Bonus Disk?

Andrew Garibaldi Deadearnest at BTOPENWORLD.COM
Sat Jun 22 13:19:12 EDT 2002

The double CD witht he bonus disc was a linited edition and when all those
were sold out, it reverted back to the single disc only which, incidentally,
was still available as a single disc from day one to dealers who wanted it
but didn't want to fork out extra for the double.
We bought in a ton of the double at CD Services (overdid it a bit actually)
and still have a fair quantity left, probably now one of the few places in
thwe country with the double from what you say. However,much as I would love
to just exchange yours for a double, I don;t think the bosses here would
like me doin that, so unless Spin thingy can have it back, then if ya still
want a double, ya gotta fork out twice, I regret to say.
So, that's the story, I suppose............
Andy G.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Gerald Whitworth" <gerald.whitworth at PARTHUS.COM>
To: <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 2:08 PM
Subject: Star One - Space Metal - Bonus Disk?

On recommendation from various postings I bought a copy of Space Metal by
Star One from SpinADisk in Northampton for £15 having to order it as its
wasn't stocked.

I liked the CD, its a sort of mixture of early Hawkwind and Deep Purple (2
of my favourite bands from the 70's) with powerful vocal harmonies and even
snippets which sounded as though they came from War Of the Worlds.  Overall
a very likable CD if your into this sort of thing, and I would recommend it
to anyone like minded.

However, my main reason for buying it was for the Dave Brock featured
Hawkwind melody I had heard about, mostly from postings on this group.  But
it didn't matter how many times I listened to it, or how many times I read
the sleeve notes, I just could not find any hint whatsoever of such a
medley.

And then I heard about the bonus disk.  I can only assume this is where the
Dave Brock feature is.

So can anyone help me.  Having already bought the CD without bonus disk.
How can the bonus disk be obtained?  And why is there a version of Space
Metal on sale without the bonus disk included anyway.

Many thanks to anyone who can help or make suggestions,  Gerry