OFF: Jobs in the USA

Mike Montfort mikemont at NYCAP.RR.COM
Tue Jun 25 11:01:06 EDT 2002

Great sites but FlipDog.

I would avoid that one.  Outdated information on their servers and messed up
listings.

Also a tip on internet job sites. Use them as a tool not a conduit.

More specifically because it is so easy to apply for jobs via these services
the "listers" get flooded with résumé's.

Professional placement people have told me that going directly to the
companies web site is recommended.

FAXING or MAILING your info in addition to a web site application IS A MUST.

And if you want to get noticed DON'T rely just on the Job search site like
Monster, etc.  You must submit via other conduits.

Take care and good luck

Mike

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped.

-- Elbert Hubbard