HW: Lemmy

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Tue Jun 25 15:29:08 EDT 2002

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002 17:30:08 +0100, Jonathan Jarrett
<jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK> wrote:
>On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 06:47:58PM +0100, Captain Bl at ck typed out:
>
>> Just an update on Lemmy's autobiography White Line Fever, Amazon tell me
>> this is now due to be published in October 2003.  Yes, 2003.
>
>        On the other hand the Freak Emporium's last mail-out seemed to
>contain an item entitled _Lemmy: In His Own Words_, in stock. Maybe
>there's been some change of publisher or something and Amazon's
>information is up to its usual standard?

I would suspect that those are two completely different books.  There's a
whole series of 'In His/Her/Their Own Words' books (I have the George
Clinton/P-Funk one, and the Beach Boys one is hilarious because a good
chunk of it consists of the band members slagging each other) that appear
to be compiled from a variety of miscellaneous interview sources.  They
seem to have been thrown together pretty quickly, but since they consist
100% of primary sources, they're usually much better than a "quickie" bio
(especially when the subject gives good interview, as Lemmy usually does).

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com