/Fest tickets

Moonglum . youless at LVCM.COM
Thu Jun 27 14:54:33 EDT 2002

I'm camping, bringing a tent from the USA but relying on UK Hawkfans
friends to supply some of the other necessary equipment like camp stove
etc.. There will probably be bed-and-breakfast accommodation available in
the surrounding area, I know some people are doing this in preference to
camping.  It's cheap (£15 / $22 a night should be the max) but there is a
potential problem with transport from the B&B to the festival site.

Train to Exeter is certainly feasible, after that you can almost certainly
get another train to Axminster...or you could get a taxi from either train
station to the festival site, wherever it's going to be.  Taxis can be
found outside train stations.

Since Axminster and Exeter are about 25 miles apart I assume it will be no
more than 12 miles to the festival site from either place.  This would put
the taxi fare in the region of £10 - £15 I guess, say $15 to $23.  Buses
are cheaper but scarcer, especially in rural areas, and should not be
relied upon.

Useful URLs:
http://www.multimap.co.uk
     (for maps of the area)
http://212.87.65.227/bin/newquery.exe/en
     (UK railway timetable: specify London Waterloo as the starting station
and either Axminster or Exeter Central as the destination station)

Hope this helps

Steve