HW: Cover Versions

Sun Jun 30 10:28:08 EDT 2002

On Fri, 14 Jun 2002, M Holmes wrote:

> Captain Bl at ck writes:
>
> > At the risk of being 'on-topic', I wondered if anyone out there had any =
> > idea for songs they would like to see covered by Hawkwind.
>
> The Doctor Who theme?

        That should so very much be done. Well I remember the trouble we
used to have preventing Carl Anderson jamming on that theme for anything
less than twenty minutes. Only the fact that his bass is still in the
States and he's not prevents us so suffering now.

        But anyway. I've always reckoned the most obvious Hawkwind song
that the band didn't write was Black Sabbath's `Into The Void' and that's
what I'd pick. Unless by some chance `Born To Go' was in the setlist
because you don't need both together. My 2pworth, yours,
                                                         Jon

ObCD: Pressurehed - _Sudden Vertigo_
--
"I recognise that I have transgressed many of the precepts of the divine
law, and that I am subjected by various vices and iniquities, disobedient

             (Jonathan Jarrett, Birkbeck College London)