BOC: King of the City

Andreas Stuewe Andreas.Stuewe at T-ONLINE.DE
Thu Mar 7 12:41:22 EST 2002

Michael R Godwin wrote:
> I only subscribe to the BOC half of the list, so I don't know whether any
> Hawkwind fan has mentioned this, but I just read 'King of the City' by
> Michael Moorcock. It's a novel about a fictional photographer / guitarist
> in London during the 1970s. There are several passages where the hero
> hangs out with Robert Calvert, and there are mentions of DikMik, Lemmy and
> Dave Brock too.
>
> Anyone else read it?
>
> - Mike Godwin

I read it a few months ago. A good, but not brilliant book IMO. It´s quite
confusing how Mike mixes up reality with fiction. For example he describes the
HW gig at H´smith 84 with Calvert (which was real) and mentions a lot of records
which are real. But there are lots of fictional records that sadly never
appeared. And that the Deep Fix sold millions of records can´t be real. Or did I
miss something?

Andreas