HW: When Rock.... Hawkwind on UK Tele

Mark Von Bargen mark.von-bargen at GENIEONE.CO.UK
Fri Mar 8 15:04:02 EST 2002

For those not on the Hawkwind Yahoo list.
Its not me who said that HW are on the show, but the trailer did feature a clip of a Lemmy interview.
Its on BBC1, Wednesday 13th March, probably at about 10:45 pm GMT.

Mark
----- Original Message -----
From: Mark Von Bargen
To: Hawkwind at yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, March 08, 2002 7:42 PM
Subject: Re: [Hawkwind] When Rock....

Yeah ok.

Its not quite a new series as this week saw When Disco ruled the World on our TV's.
Its the usual fare - a bit like the Top 10 of... series but without the chart. The disco program saw lots of humorous stuff, mainly at the expense of groups like Village People and Earth Wind and Fire. There were plenty of wortwhile moments with a fair bit of behind the scenes stuff. Another difference is that it has a global focus unlike the Top10's British bias.
There were a couple of really interesting bits; yes honestly, in the disco program. It showed just how brilliant Chic were, no matter what your musical tastes - they were awesome. Also, there were more clips of Earth Wind & Fire in concert than I have ever seen. From those clips the EW&F shows looked fantastic, even if they were a bit cheesy - sort of like a disco equivalent of Space Rock (Space Disco, maybe). Love to see a full EW&F show. Anybody know if there is a full show out there?

A short trailer for the Rock show had the usual suspects; Ozzy, women getting their tits out (an old 70's & 80's rock tradition),loadsa guitars & lightshows, two seconds of a Lemmy interview but no mention of Hawkwind?!?!

Marl