HW: our Richard Chadwick?

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Fri Mar 8 16:33:38 EST 2002

On Fri, 8 Mar 2002 15:16:09 -0600, Karen Kusic <kkusic at EXECPC.COM> wrote:
>Just got the new John Paul Jones CD, "Thunderthief", and noticed:
>
>"Special thanks to Richard Chadwick at Opium (Arts), ..."
>
>Is this our Richard Chadwick?

Well ... if you do a web search for "Opium Arts", you'll come up with a
bunch of links that show it's a management/publishing company & label
(releases available at The Artist Shop, just like all the Brain Surgeons
releases on Cellsum) that handles, in addition to JPJ, Bill Nelson, King
Crimson, David Sylvian, and others (most of whom also thank mr. Chadwick).
So ... if it was the same Richard Chadwick, you would expect that Hawkwind
would be using them for management (instead of Marion), releases (instead
of Voiceprint) and publishing (instead of Rock Music).  Therefore, I'd be
mighty surprised if it was the same person ...

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com