(vinyl kollekter kontent) 2 "T.A.T." TOOS

Johan Edlundh joe.e at TELIA.COM
Sun Mar 10 01:40:53 EST 2002

At 22:27 2002-03-09 -0600, you wrote:
>Upon reading the latest message from Muenster, it is decided between us (I
>think) that the second Travellers Aid Trust LP would be a "corrected"
>repressing done in ungodly small quantity, not unlike the repressing of the
>Church Of Hawkwind LP, where the inking on the orange sun is completely
>smooth and will not be abrasive to the genitals should they be
>applied....(I have some printed in-between so don't take this like I think
>I really know)......
>anyway,,,,he says the second version removes the big Hawkwind title on the
>front cover so as not to brag as it was selling in good numbers anyway, and
>the back cover is changed although I have not perused the pics yet....they
>are not spotty though,,,,,he says the booklet appears to be the exact same
>in his copy tho' I do recall reading of a 16pg. VS. 32pg. thingie
>somewhere...
>
>mc

Once upon a time (1995-1996) I wrote a HW Top 100 discography, that I for
different reasons don't maintain seriosly anymore. (please gunzip those
things to do, to make more room for free time in my life)

Within, there's those entries:
----------------------------------
1988/12 2LP     (Flicknife SHARP 2045 - UK)
Gatefold sleeve. 32 pg T.A.T. booklet.
Sugarcube mispressing. Billed as a Hawkwind album.
----------------------------------
1988/12 2LP     (Flicknife SHARP 2045 - UK)
Different gatefold sleeve. 32 pg T.A.T. booklet.
Billed as "Traveller's Aid Trust" - (various artists)
----------------------------------

Got those two entitys in front of me.
The difference of the back cover is just that each song is entered with
[title only] on the first HAWKWIND T.A.T. album, but [artist - title] on the
second T.A.T. ONLY album.

I guess it's because a some fans was disappointed (as I was) of buying a
Hawkwind Double, that when playing had lot more non HW content than what
should be expected.

Both my copies has a 32pg booklet, and is identical.
I've also read about a 16pg booklet somewhere (Tawn discography?), but I
think that could be wrote "in a hurry", and therefore is false information.

I can also add the useful information that the runout groove differs on side
D, where the Sugarcube track is/is not. Other grooves are the same.

HAWKWIND T.A.T:  SHARP 2045-D1     Porky                       PR-E
T.A.T ONLY:      SHARP 2045-D2     A Porky Prime Cut      A    PR-E

peace and levitation/happy kollekting,
.joe